If you are looking to recruit a post either exclusively in the field of electoral services or covering various kinds of administrative work with an element of responsibility in relation to the provision of or support for electoral services, you can advertise the post here by completing and submitting a simple online form, which can be accessed via the purple button under the heading ‘Job advertisement requests’ below. Vacancies for other types of post can also be accommodated if advertisers wish.
The following is a summary of the service we provide:
- All advertisements will be accessible to both members of the public and the AEA
- All current vacancies are highlighted in a regular weekly newsletter (so long as details are received at least 24 hours before its publication); this is accessible to members only
- All vacancies will be published on Twitter and our Facebook page
- As an optional extra, job advertisements can be circulated electronically to every member of the Association (currently more than 2,000) individually
- Please be aware that a period of at least 48 hours can elapse between receipt of the online request form and publication of the advertisement although, in practice, this is rare
See below for our competitive advertising rates. Please note we do not offer an agency discount and V.A.T. is charged on all fees
Some local authorities’ financial procedures require the addition of the AEA to its supplier list, for which you will probably need the following information:
- Name and address of the company: The Association of Electoral Administrators, Gibson House, Hurricane Close, Stafford ST16 1GZ
- Email contact address (for job adverts): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bank Sort Code: 089001
- Bank Account Number: 70644001
- Bank name and address: The Cooperative Bank 118-120 Colmore Row BIRMINGHAM, B3 3BA
Job advertisement requests
To submit an order to place advertisements, you must complete a simple online advertisement request form. It will take less than 5 minutes but, for the avoidance of delays, it is important that you read all the information on this page before proceeding.
Please note that no requests to place an advertisement sent via a direct email will be acknowledged or acted upon. You MUST USE THIS FORM.
Part of the online process will enable you to upload up to three files, one of which must be the text of the advertisement itself – Microsoft Word documents are the preferred format but you should not include text inside tables as this can be difficult to reproduce. One of the other documents should be a Purchase Order. We cannot process your advert without at least a Purchase Order reference number, so please ensure that this is included on the request form.
We do not provide quotations for advertisements as all fees are clearly prescribed below. However, if you wish, you could include a request for confirmation of the total fee in the request form and we will provide the necessary information to you. If you do not request confirmation of the total fee in this way, then you will be invoiced for the services requested and provided, as per your online request form. No amendments to orders placed, or invoice raised, can be made once the services have been provided.
Job vacancy advertising charges (from 1 October 2023)
|Publication of advertisement on the website||£661.20|
|Email notification to all AEA members upon first publication||£172.49|
|Email reminder to all AEA members approximately 3 working days prior to closing date||£114.99||This is not available unless the first email is chosen|
|Advertising multiple vacancies||Calculation in accordance with the above, but 50% discount for second and subsequent joint advertisements||A joint advertisement is one that is advertised at the same time as one or more others|
|Discount for re-advertising within three months of the publication of the original advertisement(s)||Calculation as above less 25%|
As mentioned above, please note that you cannot have the reminder email without having ordered the notification email on first publication of the advertisement.
After the advertisement of a job vacancy has been published, we will allow the deadline to apply for the job to be extended on up to three successive occasions free of charge, each not to exceed a working week and in total no more than three weeks after the original deadline. Further extensions (of no more than a working week) beyond this will result in a charge of £35 being levied for each individual extension.
If you require further help, or have any queries, please email email@example.com.