If you are looking to recruit a post either exclusively in the field of electoral services or covering various kinds of administrative work with an element of responsibility in relation to the provision of or support for electoral services, you can advertise the post here by completing and submitting a simple online form, which can be accessed via the link in the first paragraph under the heading ‘Job advertisement requests’ below. Vacancies for other types of post can also be accommodated if advertisers wish.
The following is a summary of the service we provide:
- Advertisements can be made accessible either to members of the Association only or to both members and the public
- All current vacancies are highlighted in a regular weekly newsletter (so long as details are received at least 24 hours before its publication) which is accessible to members only
- Vacancies which have been requested to be advertised in both the public and members’ areas will be published on Twitter and our Facebook page – adverts for members only will not
- As an optional extra, job advertisements can be circulated electronically to every member of the Association (currently more than 2,000) individually
- We aim to publish advertisements within 3 working days of receipt of the official online request
See below for a table of our competitive advertising rates, which has a simple summary on page 2 for ease of calculation. Please note we do not offer an agency discount and only job adverts placed with us by a local authority or one of the other organisations mentioned in Section 1 of the table will attract the lower rate. If a local authority has outsourced those services that manage recruitment and advertising, the higher rate (in Section 2 of the table) will be payable. Any advertising agency placing an order will also be charged that higher rate, irrespective of the organisation for whom they are acting. V.A.T. is charged on all fees.
Some local authorities’ financial procedures require the addition of the AEA to its supplier list, for which you will probably need the following information:
- Name and address of the company: The Association of Electoral Administrators, Gibson House, Hurricane Close, Stafford ST16 1GZ
- Email contact address and telephone number (for advertising job vacancies): email@example.com – 07772 495897
- Bank Sort Code: 089001
- Bank Account Number: 70644001
- Bank name and address: The Cooperative Bank 118-120 Colmore Row BIRMINGHAM, B3 3BA
Job advertisement requests
To submit an order to place advertisements, you must complete this simple online advertisement request form. It will take less than 5 minutes but, for the avoidance of delays, it is important that you read all the information on this page before proceeding. No requests to place an advertisement sent via a direct email will be acknowledged or acted upon.
Part of the online process will enable you to upload up to three files, one of which must be the text of the advertisement itself – Microsoft Word documents are the preferred format but you should not include text inside tables as this can be difficult to reproduce. One of the other documents should be a Purchase Order. We cannot process your advert without a Purchase Order number under any circumstances, so please ensure that this is included on the request form.
We do not provide quotations for advertisements as all fees are clearly prescribed in the fees table below. However, if you wish, you could include a request for confirmation of the total fee in the request form and we will provide the necessary information to you. If you do not request confirmation of the total fee in this way, then you will be invoiced for the services requested and provided, as per your online request form. No amendments to orders placed, or invoice raised, can be made once the services have been provided.
Please be aware that, if you are an advertising agency, HR management company or part of the local authority HR Department and you want the advertisement to appear in the Members’ only area of the website, you will not be able to view it after publication. You can either ask the electoral services officer for confirmation of its display or we can provide you with a screenshot of the advertisement. In the latter case, please add an appropriate comment at the end of the request form. If you have asked for the job to be advertised in both the members and public areas, you will naturally be able to access it.
If you require further help, or have any queries, please contact Tasha Davis by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.