Providing a practical guide to parish matters in England
This one-day course is intended to provide electoral administrators with a comprehensive guide to dealing with parish areas, parish meetings, parish councils and parish elections. It addresses a whole host of often-obscure questions on parish matters that tend to land on the electoral administrator’s desk, such as:
- What to do when a community governance review petition is received?
- How to keep a review lawful and within good practice?
- How do parish elections vary to other elections?
- What are the candidates’ qualifications at parish council elections?
- What happens at an ordinary election where the parish council is not quorate?
- What are the triggers to and the procedures to follow with regard to a casual vacancy on a parish council?
- What is best practice with regard to co-options onto parish councils?
- Can a parish meeting call for a poll to be held in response to a question on the EU constitution?
- How are parish polls organised and delivered?
All attendees will receive their own invaluable (updated) reference manual for future use!