Employer: Watford Borough Council
Salary: £28,779 - £32,245 per annum
Closing Date: 19th July 2019
Do you have an outstanding eye for detail and an understanding of the electoral process? Looking to develop an interesting career with a well-established organisation as an Electoral Services Officer? If so, read on.
We are Watford Borough Council, a public sector organisation dedicated to making the Watford area a great place to work and live.
We’re now looking for an Electoral Services Officer to join our team and support the successful running of the electoral registration and elections held in our Borough.
– Pension scheme with generous employer contribution
– Flexible working
– Career development opportunities
– Season ticket loan
– Cycle to work scheme
– Discounted leisure centre membership
– Employee volunteering schemes
– Access to a branded shopping discounts platform and discounted activities and days out
– 28 days’ holiday (rising to 33 with service)
This is a brilliant opportunity to broaden your skill-set and play an important part in the democratic process on a local level.
We strive to be an employer of choice and are proud of our high staff satisfaction and motivation levels. As well as the above benefits, we offer an agile working environment with a flexible, family-friendly approach.
What’s more, we provide excellent training and development opportunities to enable our employees to grow and realise their professional goals.
As an Electoral Services Officer, you’ll help to compile and maintain the Electoral Register and support the smooth running of all elections and referenda held in the Borough.
Under the guidance of the Electoral Services Manager, you will:-
– Supervise an Electoral Services Assistant, Support Services Officer and any temporary staff who are updating the electoral register
– Manage the absent voting process
– Respond to queries from members of the public, councillors, offices, candidates for election and election agents
– Accurately input data on the electoral registration system
– Complete polling district and polling place reviews
To join us as an Electoral Services Officer, you’ll need:
– Experience of working in an office environment, including data entry or administration
– To demonstrate the ability to work with specialist software systems with excellent attention to detail
– Knowledge of election and electoral law
– An understanding of the electoral process
– The willingness to work outside standard working hours during election and registration canvas periods
Any previous experience of managing or mentoring staff and colleagues would be beneficial to your application.
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as an Office Administrator, Administrator, Office Co-ordinator, Data Entry Clerk, Admin Clerk, Electoral Services Clerk, Electoral Services Assistant or Office Clerk.
Please note, this is a politically restricted post under the Local Government and Housing Act 1989.