Employer: Stroud District Council
Salary: £25,463 p.a. (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 19th February 2019
Details of the post
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join the Democratic Services and Elections team. As part of the team, you will have a vital role to play in supporting the Council’s decision making process and in promoting local democracy across the district.
The successful candidate will work across all aspects of the democratic process, with specific responsibility for the organisation of public meetings including but not limited to: taking minutes; co-ordinating the production of agendas and reports; and helping to deliver a valued Councillor development programme. The post will also require a variety of tasks associated with Member support services, advising on procedures followed at committee and considerable contact with senior officers and Members.
The role also includes an exciting opportunity to support colleagues to deliver on all aspects of elections and electoral registration.
We are looking for:
- A motivated team player with excellent administrative skills who is accurate and pays attention to detail
- Strong ICT and report writing skills
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask and manage diverse workloads to meet deadlines
Benefits of working for us:
- Commitment to work life balance with flexible working hours
- A work environment steeped in history and a scenic location
- Exceptional pension scheme 18% Employer contribution
- Cycle scheme
- 21 days holiday per year rising to 25 days after 5 years service + bank holidays + Christmas and New Year shutdown
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Up to 3 days per year Volunteering days
- Learning and development opportunities
- On-site massage
We do not accept CVs. Please visit https://www.stroud.gov.uk/jobs-and-training/jobs-with-the-council/democratic-services-and-elections-officer to apply for this position.
Interview Date: Wednesday 27 February 2019
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.