Events in 2014
Annual Conference, Blackpool - "Facing The Future"
Location: Hilton Hotel, Blackpool
Dates: Sunday 2nd to Wednesday 5th March 2014
Contact: James Stevens
Telephone number: 07912 310093
Conference seemed to go really well and we've had a lot of good (though informal as yet) feedback from both delegates and exhibitors. You can view slides from the presentations below and also pictures of the Members who received AEA Certificates, Diplomas and Annual Awards. The Branch photographs have been published on each individual Branch page. Many thanks to Stephen Davis, Sunderland CC, who was press-ganged into taking photographs at a very late stage! As you can see, he has done an excellent job. Thanks are also due on the photography front to Brian Smith, who, as usual, provided us with many pictures from the plenary sessions and elsewhere.
Notes of all the sessions are being prepared as I write this and you'll be able to read them in the next bumper edition of ARENA.
The Minister of State for Cabinet Office (Cities and Constitution), Gregg Clark MP,
delivering the keynote speech on Monday morning.
A packed main hall on Monday...
...listening to the Cabinet Office
...and the Commission
An informal discussion about IER (L to R: Bill Crawford, George Cooper and
Tuesday: Andrew Francis, Lea Goddard, Dave Smith and Christine Fisher.
Wednesday: Annual General Meeting - no need for name captions!
These are copies of slides from all of the Powerpoint presentations given over the three days of Conference (in PDF format).
- "Scotland - Our Challenges" - Kate Crawford and Sue Findlay
- Maximising Registration - Ian Farrow, City of Westminster
- Maximising Registration - Maria Hannan, Cabinet Office
- Maximising Registration - Susan Hutson, Kirklees
- Maximising Registration - Susan Saunders, City of Bradford
- Individual Electoral Registration - Colin Dingwall, Cabinet Office
- IER - What, when and how - Andrew Scallan, Electoral Commission
- European Elections, an RRO's perspective - Dave Smith, Sunderland City Council
- European Elections - Christine Fisher, Chief Executive, North West Leicestershire DC
- European Elections, at the coalface - Lea Goddard, Croydon
- Reform of Electoral Law in the UK - Nicholas Paines QC, Law Commissioner
Presentation of Certificates, Diplomas and AEA Annual Awards
Congratulations to all the recipients of these, which were presented by George Cooper on Monday night at the Annual Dinner.
AEA Annual Awards